Monday, July 28, 2008

SO busy...no time to blog!

OMG....we have been so busy, crazy, and busy some more!

I guess that I can't really act like I didn't know this busy time was coming, all the dates were on the calender at the beginning of the month. I guess I didn't realize what it would actually feel like to be So busy.

If you haven't gathered already...Our family of three has been on the move. Going places, seeing family and trying to get to bed before 11pm each night with little success. This last weekend marked started our 6 weekend straight with already planned plans. Does that make sense???

Don't get me wrong though, I like having things to do but the grass is always greener, right?

Let's see what has happened since my last post.

~~~~~thinking~~~~~~

My nephew J {Jonathon...is it with an A, I can never remember}turned 2 and we had his birthday party in out backyard. It was loads of fun, and J seemed to enjoying playing in the kiddie pools with his friends and family. I still can't believe that he is 2 already! I remember when Shannon {sister in law} told everyone at Christmas. Dave and I were so excited and then when we decided to move closer to them, we were just elated to be able to have a relationship with him.

Brooklyn turned 10 months old on the 23rd. If you are bad at math, that means that in less than 60 days my baby girl will 1. That is 52 weeks, 366 days {leap year}, 12 months. I don't know how many minutes or seconds that is...if you know you can leave a comment all let me know.

She isn't doing too many NEW things. She IS getting better at pulling up, her version of crawling and babbling to anyone that will listen. She has started to use sign language, which is so cute. Right now all she can sign is more. Over the next few weeks I plan on teaching her the signs for finished, {if you know Brooklyn's eating habits you know that sign won't be used too often} eat, Mommy and Daddy. I don't like to teach infants too many signs for fear that there language will be delayed. I know it doesn't always do that BUT I have seen it... She has also went to doctor or her 10 mth well baby visit. She still weighs a bunch and in the 90 % for both height and weight. She current has 3 teeth and cutting 3 more. Fortunately, the teething isn't effecting her sleeping too much. Thank God...I don't think that could handle a teething baby and all of our running around too!

I am a black belt - to - be now! After a year and a half, one pregnancy and 7 weeks of bed rest I will start my black belt testings next week. With ATA {my black belt academy}, I have 3 testing cycles in which I am required to complete 3 forms at each testing. It is a 6 month process but the most stressful. I also have a required amount of classes that I need to take before testing. Another cool part of these testings are that I will also be required to break 2 boards at testing. I will make sure that I get video of the board breaks and post them. I have been breaking boards since becoming a yellow belt but will now have only 3 chances to break. I will be updating my progress other the next few months. I can't wait to finally reach my goal of becoming a black belt.

I think that is everything that I missed!

Hope that everyone is enjoying there last few weeks of summer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad you blogged all those updates...I feel like I get to talk to you often, but not with all of our running around lately too....J is JonathOn...breaking boards sounds exciting...please make sure there are enough girls for your softball games before you make plans....we miss Brooklyn....want to go to the pool on Thursday afternoon (even if we go to the park or something in the am)?That's a lot of rambling...talk to you later!
Love,
Shannon

young wife&mom said...

how bout your running? you didn't mention that?

ly