Friday, November 14, 2008

Meet Our Newest Bean...

Photobucket

After some haggling to get an appointment earlier than January, I was "squeezed in" this morning to see my midwife Kelly Gevas.

It was a good appointment but LONG. I think that having a 13mth old along for the ride made it a tad bit longer. Oh well...I guess that I should get use to that. It is too big of a pain to drop her somewhere for an hour just to go to the doctor.

Anyway, All the normal first appointment stuff happened. I answered all the questions about Daves and my medical history, signed a bunch of papers, learned how to eat while knocked up, and gave (well, they took) some blood.

On a side note, the lady (Olivia) that took my blood was GREAT. If you know me, you know that I hate needles. I hate looking at them, getting them, watching others get them. I make it a rule to tell the person sticking me that I am not a needle person and if they could do a good job that would be great. Olivia was very nice but didn't really instill confidence in me at all. She took a long time while feeling for my vein and that freaked me out. Let me tell you though, when she stuck that needle in....I felt nothing! Not even a poke, not a pinch, not even a tad bit of burning. I ~heart~ Olivia!

Kelly had given me lab orders to set up an appointment for my follow-up and for my Ultrasound. I kind of fibbed and told her that since I was nursing, I wasn't completely sure when I ovulated. OK...it was a big lie. I know the exact day that I ovulated. I feel bad about it...well, I dont. I needed to see my bean sooner than later. I think that Dave would have gone insane listening to rant about all my worries.

As I was making appointments, the appointment guy asked if I had time to get my U/S before I left. I would love to see what my face looked like when he said that. He probably knows that he made my day.

About 5 minutes later I was in my U/S room getting all checked out. They did the normal stuff before showing me anything good. I saw my ovaries and the tech told me which one I ovulated from. Finally, she said and this is the baby. After she said that, I immediately saw a small black/white flicker. If the stress that I was having would have made me purple, you would have been able to see the purple drain out of me.

I was really excited to just SEE the heartbeat but we were also blessed enough to hear it too. I also thought that it was cool that Brooklyn was able to hear it too. I don't think that she cared because by that point she was trying to get UNDER the exam table. ~~rolling eyes~~

I know, I know...This next one is going to be just as crazy!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that my due date was changed from July 6th to July 8th, 2009. My mom thinks that a July 4th baby would be cool but I would like to see the fireworks. The last 2 years we havent been able to see them. I hope that '09 is not the same!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad my new niece/nephew is doing great! I love the "bean" picture!
Love,
Shannon

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

awwwww - how sweet that you got to see your new baby bean!!

Heidi Ho said...

OK Miss Amber!! That is a great story! I was at the chiropractor the other day getting adjusted with Sophie in the carrier below the table...I'm having STEM treatment and she is getting a pacifier shoved in her mouth.. "come on kiddo..just 5 more minutes." I bet the other people getting relaxing massages just LOVED me.

By the way, Sophie's birthdate is July 7th. You are on the EXACT baby schedule as me. In fact, I think my actual conception date was Sept. 29! I don't know why I think that's cool, but I do!!! We'll have the babes that never get to celebrate their birthdays at school! We'll have to have a massive summer b-day party!

nancy said...

Congrats!!! Yay!!!

I never changed my EDDs based on u/s, bcause they can be +/- a few days. If you know when you ovulated, stick with that!

Anonymous said...

Way Cool!! Life is so precious..I'm loving it.

Love Ya Mom :o)