Monday, February 4, 2008

Attention! Where's Brooklyn...

If you are wondering where Brooklyn has went...I will tell you!

She's in a plastic germ-proof anti-sickness bubble! ~If~ this hasn't been invented yet then, I will just make it myself.

I never thought that I would be 'that mom'! You know who and what I am talking about.

That Mom - (Adj.) A mom or mother that reacts illrationally to anything dealing with their childs well-being or any acpect of said childs life or environment.

Use it in a sentence - Amber never thought that she would be considered that mom.

I remember (pre-mommyhood), watching other Moms and their children and thinking that they were just insane for thinking that they could keep their child illness free. Once I got knocked up I continued to watch/judge other moms; taking a mental check list of things that I wouldn't do.

Now that Brooklyn is here and has officialy gotten her sick doctor visit, first temperature over 101, first barf, and first time that she wouldn't eat because she was so stuffed up; I now relize what ~all~ those "crazy moms" meant. It wasn't that they were paraniod about germs but is because of the way that they felt when there children are sick. Yesterday as I held Brooklyn; she was struggling to get a good breath of air, my heart broke. In that moment, I have never loved her more and have never felt so out of control.

So next step...Make bubble!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber, Brooklyn, and Dave!We just saw you guys... and eveyone looks like you're have a great time.. Won't be long before Brooklyn is floating and doing all kinds of geat stuff...Take care everyone! love you all!!

God bless!
Grandmon and Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

It's hard being a mom and your little one is ill..you do feel helpless..they can olny cry and not able to say this hurt mommy or that hurts Daddy...but you can soothe them and tell them you love them and soon you will feel better..I promise..

Love you Amber!