Sunday, January 11, 2009

15 wks & 15 mths...

Hello out there!

Not too much going on here in the Shrewsberry house and I have never been more grateful for peace, quiet and relaxation.

The weather people ~said~ that Morgantown was going to get hit with 4inches of snow and at least 1/10inch of ice after that Friday night and throughout Saturday. Dave and I were psyched to hear this...being 'stuck' in the house is something we both love. We had planned for Dave to run to Ray's Pastries for doughnuts to last us the weekend on Saturday morning if the forcasted snow wasn't too bad. After that we planned to just relax, play with Brooklyn (maybe break in her new snow boots), and just stay inside for days. This was very welcome for me. I have been battling a headache from HELL for the last 4 days. Being pregnant and only being allowed to take regular strength Tylenol really wasn't going to do anything for this headache. I might as well have been rubbing water on my forehead. LOL

Well, if live in Morgantown you know that we woke up to NOTHING! Not even a drop of snow to see. Well, we didn't let it mess up our weekend though. We still did everything that we planned just minus the snow. Man, those doughnuts were good. I must say, Brooklyn is definitely my child...she ate an entire doughnut herself. Just like mama, well I had 2!

Dave and I have been slowly decorating the house. We painted the living room and dining room about 2 months ago and did other odds and ends around the house. A week or two ago, we ordered some custom made vertical wood blinds for our sliding glass doors in the dining room. They were finally delivered this week so Dave installed them on Saturday too. I am happy with the way the binds look and Brooklyn will not have to be blinded in the morning while eating with the sun coming in.

I also realized this weekend that Brooklyn is 15mths old and I am 15wks (on Monday) along in my pregnancy. I thought that was pretty cool and I don't think that it will happen again.

That reminds me that I wanted to say a HUGE CONGRATS! to Nancy. She just gave birth to her first son Karl yesterday! The link to her blog is on my sidebar if you would like to say Congrats yourself. She has been struggling with infertility for a long time and I am just so happy that she finally is holding that third child that she has dreamed about for so long. Congrats again Nancy!

I think that is all for now...The Steelers play this afternoon so you know where I will be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout those Steelers! We made it back just in time to watch the game! Yeah!
Love,
Shannon