Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby Planning

I know, I know, some of my blog readers probably don't care what I need to remember for this next baby ~BUT~ I care and it is MY blog. haha!


I was going to make a word document, save it, etc...but I thought this would be easier. Plus, when the grandparents start to ask what we need, I can just refer them to my blog post.


Here I go. I am going to break the items down in categories and will also list websites & stores of where we plan on buying them. Oh yeah, for all those BTDT (Been there done that) 2nd time moms find that I have left something out PLEASE leave a comment. Like I have said before, this baby is sucking out my brain cells and I can not remember anything.





Clothing:


* 4-6 plain white short sleeved onies (Target or Wal-mart)


* 4-6 plain white long sleeved baby gowns (Target or Wal-mart)


* 12 - 24 infant socks (neutral colors - white, black & tan) (Target or Wal-mart)


* 4-5 gender neutral summer outfits (outfits should include shorts, t-shirt & summer hat) (Any children clothing store)


Bedding:



* 2-3 x-small or small "Swaddle Me" Blankets (Target Online Only)



Diapering:



* 1 dozen Orange Edge Newborn prefolds (Green Mountain Diapers Online)

* 2 dozen Yellow Edge Small prefolds (Green Mountain Diapers Online)

* 1 dozen Preemie Prefolds diapers and/or doublers (Green Mountain Diapers Online)

* 7-10 X-small Thirsties Diaper Covers - any gender neutral color (Cottonbabies.com)

* 7-10 Small Thirsties Diaper Covers - any gender neutral color (cottonbabies.com)

* 3-5 Snappis (cottonbabies.com)

* 7-10 Size 0 Unbleached Kissaluv Cloth fitted diapers (cottonbabies.com)

* 4-7 Kissaluvs Boosters cloth Inserts Unbleached (cottonbabies.com)

* 1 Dry Whammies Diaper Pail Liner (cottonbabies.com)

* 1 Lg. Dry Diaper Pail (Target or Wal-mart)

Bath time:


* 10 baby wash cloths (Target or Wal-mart)
* Large bottle of California Baby Liquid Soap (Amazon.com)
* Baby grooming kit (brush, comb, etc) (Wal-mart or Target)

Feeding & Nursing:

* Breastmilk storage bags

Playtime:

* Boppy Comfort in Comfort Bouncer (Target)
* Moby Wrap Infant/toddler carrier (MobyWrap.com)


Furniture: (Since the new baby is getting all of Brooklyn's nursery furniture, this is mostly for Brooklyn's Big Girl room)

* Convertible Crib, dresser, bookshelves & night stand (IKEA)






2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amber, congrats! Heidi keeps me posted on your progress. We miss you in class. You should come back soon!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about what you would be needing for my new grandchild, and here is your blog. When I decide what I am going to buy, do you want me to let you know? Thanks for the list!
Love
Mom (Grams)