Tuesday, March 31, 2009

18 Months Well Visit at the NEW Pedi!

I still cant believe that Brooklyn is 18mths old! That is just CRAZY!

She had her pediatrician appointment with her NEW pediatrician yesterday! We ~had~ to switch since I was losing my mind continuing to go there. We LOVED her doctor at the P.O.C. but hated that we could only see her when Brooklyn was well. Everytime she was sick, I would call and be forced to see some other random doctor. Other than Dr. Clawges, I really didn't want to see anyone else.

So we switched! I love the new place. It is a very small practice with only a 2 or 3 doctors. It actually reminds me of the pediatricians office that went to when I was little.

Brooklyn walked right in and started playing with the toys. She was sold from the beginning! LOL

Before walking to the room, Brooklyn weighed and measured...She did surprisingly well. She normally doesn't like the temperature taking part but she did well!

18 Mth Stats:

Weight - 28lbs. 3oz. ~ 90th percentile
Height - 32 1/2 ins. ~ 75th percentile
Head - 43 cm ~ 90th percentile

While we were there she had to get a shot (DTAP) and was given the once over to make sure that everything was good. Dr. Wood was SO nice and Brooklyn went right to her when she came in. She was checking out her laptop that she brought in AND the doctor actually let her explore without telling her NO, its not a toy! She was very sweet to her.

My list to talk about -

1. Possible Milk Allergy - I asked about this and she confirmed that the constant loose stool is a sign. Since we have already tried switching from Organic Milk to NON-organic milk, she would like us to try switching to Soy Milk. We are going to try this for a month to see if anything changes. If it doesn't, then Brooklyn will be sent for allergy testing next month. I will be SO glad to figure out if this OR something else is causing it. It totally sucks cleaning that kind of poo off cloth EVERYDAY!

2. Refusing the Chicken Pox Vaccine - Since she is a new pediatrician, I was ready for a fight. She just looked at me and said hopefully she will get it on her own soon. That is exactly what I want. Dave and I both had the chicken pox's and are totally fine...Brooklyn will be too!

Then of course, there are MORE things that I forgot to ask about. Am I then only one that does that? I hope not! She doesn't go back until September, so hopefully I will remember all those extra things next time! Yeah right! ;)

4 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

Hey Amber!!!

Where is Dr. Wood's office? Is she that really pretty pediatrician?? If so.. I 've heard people talk about her...Really good things!!! If that is who she is...I think she is dating/married to Sophie's neurosurgeon...

I know, I know, totally useless information. Im just curious!!!

milk allergy...bummer dude!! I hope they figure out whats wrong.

Baby Hancock said...

You are such a great Mom, Amber! I sure hope you figure out the milk thing. Do you need to eliminate ALL milk- even from cooking (cheese, butter, yogurt, etc??), cause I have some great product recommendations. If you really want to know for sure, I'd eliminate as much as possible. I work today and Thursday, but call me Fri if you are interested in some recipes/substitutions. (I prefer Rice Milk plus Go-and-Grow over Soy Milk.)

Heidi Ho said...

I 2nd the rice mlk thing!!

Trieva said...

Having a milk allergy totally blows! And hopefully, she won't have too many more blow outs in those diapers! ha aha ha! I refused the chicken pox vac too! See, you're not the only one in our family who doesn't always follow in a straight line! Wow! Brooklyn's in the 90th percentile for her head? Who does she take after?