Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Fun...

Shannon, an online friend and I were planning on taking a trip to Pittsburgh to visit the Children's Museum there. Michelle and I have been there before and Brooklyn and Caitlin had a blast. We couldn't wait to get back. I am sure that Brooklyn couldn't either, judging from the amount of fun that she had last time.

Well, when Tuesday rolled around and we all woke to find SNOW on the ground, we knew that it wasn't the best day to be driving over an hour.

Shannon had the brilliant idea to have a Easter Party! It was so much fun...a few friends came over with their kids and we hung out, ate and make Easter eggs!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had the idea to make Rice Crispy Easter Eggs and dip them in chocolate, sprinkles, fruit loops, etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The finished chocolate dipped eggs....they were YUMMY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hunter seems to really like the eggs and I couldn't believe that he kept his bunny ears on the whole time he was there.

Photobucket

We also decorated hard boiled Easter eggs. I must say that the type of decorations that are available these days are VERY different from what I had to use growing up. Maybe that is why I don't remember decorating eggs when I was younger. It was because I was so BORED doing it.

Photobucket

Here is a pic that I took today - I call it pregnant Brooklyn. LOL

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had lots of fun...and Doug thought the rice krispy eggs rocked!
Love,
Shannon

Baby Hancock said...

Good idea with the rice krispie eggs..maybe I'll do that with Cooper this weekend..with milk-free choc chips!!

Sorry we missed it!

Happy Easter!

stacie said...

congratulations on your second pregnancy. baby Brooklyn is adoreable. I'm expecting my first baby this coming January and were really excited. I can't wait to be as pregnant as you are!!!