Saturday, April 12, 2008

April showers bring May Flowers...

Hello all! I hope that everyone (in Morgantown, that is) have enjoyed the sun shine that we have been having. I know that Dave, Brooklyn and I have been. We have tried to do ~anything~ that let us stay outside in the beautiful weather. Unfortunately, the pleasant weather is about to end with snow showers/ rain showers in the forecast for tomorrow. You gotta love April right? But remember April Showers bring May Flowers. Right????

Well anyway, over the past 2 weeks The Shrewsberry's have been pretty busy and of course that meant that I didn't have enough time to blog about it. So, now I am going it.

Bare with me...(side note - is it bear with me like the animal bear or bare with with me like bare butt..Dave didn't know either. If you know, let us know)

Last weekend was great. Dave, Brooklyn and I all went to see Elmo Makes Music. It was a concert/play at the CAC (Creative Arts Center @ WVU). It was great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wasn't sure is Brooklyn like it since it started during her last nap of the day, but she was fine. We also went with Doug, Shannon and J (Dave's brother and family). J being almost two ~really~ had a great time. When the concert first started, there was a load bang and he immediately turned to his Mom and said "No, no, no" I felt bad for him but have to say that it was too cute. After that he seemed to really enjoy it, clapping and singing along with the characters.

Photobucket

Obviously, Brooklyn being 6 mths old didn't clap/sing with the characters but she did like watching everyone and was mesmerized by the laser lights that were there. It was really funny to watch her. It makes me excited for the time that she will be dancing in the aisles like J was.

Photobucket

The only part that I didn't like was that during the intermission the vender's brought in Elmo balloons into the theater to sell. That in itself isn't too bad but when I asked how much they were the vendor told me $8.00. WHAT??!!?? I told Brooklyn right then that she would not be getting one, unless she can pay of it herself. LOL

Photobucket

On Tuesday night we to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the WVU Coliseum. Dave had been to see them when he was younger with his Dad and brother but Brooklyn and I have never been before. I was ~super~ excited. I was a little worried about were our seats were but it turned out that we had really great seats. I was able to see everyone on the court and take pics too. (I didn't get any GREAT pics but pics none the less)

Photobucket

Brooklyn of course was more excited about lady that was sitting next to us then watching the basketball players. She actually keep touching the ladies face and then laughing about it. Thankfully the lady was nice and thought Brooklyn was cute so all was well. I thought the show was going to be the players doing off the wall dunks and cool basketball tricks BUT they actually played a game. Dave later told me that is what always happens. Of course, the Harlem Globetrotter won the game.

Photobucket

Since spring has sprung, I am starting to get my garden ready for this summer. I don't plant flowers due to the bee-phobia that I have (in a nut shell - I have never been stung and after 28 years of seeing others be stung, I am pretty freaked by it). Since I can't plant flowers, I plant veggies and fruit instead. I am really excited too. Last summer since I was pregnant and couldn't do as much I just did a few veggies in planters out back BUT this year we are making a big garden out back. We borrowed a tiller (Thanks Dan & Julie) and tilled some this afternoon.

Photobucket

Dave had to start it (the tiller was a little scary at first) but then I finished it up. It took a lot of core muscle to it but it was fun. We will leave the garden alone for about a week or two then till in some good top soil and manure (well, maybe Dave will do the manure part...LOL).

Photobucket

I am planning on planting corn (sliver queen), red & green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, green beans,tomatoes (cherry & regular) carrots, basil, parsley, and rosemary. I think that is it...

I think that might have been my longest post yet!

Hugs...

No comments: