Monday, August 11, 2008

A Night of Mystery, an Afternoon of pottery and a weekend with my BFF...

That's right, my BFF (best friend forever) Kathleen came to visit us this weekend. She is ~so~ good about coming to see us instead of having us pack up Brooklyn with all her baby crap and driving to Frederick.

Photobucket

It turned out to be a great weekend for her to come since Dave had a man date with some friends from work to play golf. If your husband plays golf you know that golf on Saturday means that you will be alone for the better part of the day. This golf trip was even worse though...He was playing an hour away, after 1pm, with 3 other people, AND there was a special deal. He left at 11am and we didn't see him again until I was getting Brooklyn ready for bed at about 7:45. All was good though, my Kathleen was here. Woot!

On Friday Night, my MOMs Club had a Mom's Night Out (I planned it...go me!). For this night out, we were all participating in a Murder Mystery called "Killing for the Crown". We were all Miss America Contestants trying to win the coveted crown and willing to do ~anything~ to get it.

Photobucket

I was a little worried going into the mystery since the party required everyone to FULLY participate. To my pleasure and surprise, everyone came dressed, in character and ready to mingle.

Photobucket

I was Miss California...Candy California actually. I was a busty (surgically enhanced) women, hows Mom is a former Miss America. My big scandal was that I have had surgeries to improve myself...the pageant didn't agree with my methods so I had to keep them secret. LOL

Photobucket

By the end of night, half of the guests realized that Amy Arizona killed the pageant contestant. I am sure that you are wondering who Amy Arizona was....it was KATHLEEN! She apparently came all the way from Maryland to kill someone. hehehe... After lots of eating, drinking and laughing Kathleen and I headed home. By the time that we got home it was getting late...we sat on the couch and chatted all by ourselves. It was so nice to just chat without being interrupted by anyone.

On Saturday, we lounged around in the morning eating donuts and playing with a cranky Brooklyn. When we finally decided to get out of our PJs and take a shower it was already lunchtime. We had decided early in the week that we would go paint some pottery, so after the sitter got there...of we went.

It was lots of fun concentrating on something other than washing diapers, making baby food, or making sure that there is no toxic material on the floors. It was nice to do something that was just for me....something that I did because ~I~ liked it and not because it is what it best for someone else.

Photobucket

In the end, Kathleen made a teardrop bowl and I made a drinking picther. What I wanted to make at first they didn't have...so I had to go back to figure out what I wanted.

Overall, it was a great weekend and I can't wait for another girls weekend!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great weekend. Kathleen is great fun!
Love,
Shannon

Kathleen said...

Yup - I pretty much rock. I had an awesome time too! My dad laughed when I told him I was the killer. I am glad that you got the pictures. The pictures of Brooklyn at WVU are way cute by the way (I know the comment is in the wrong place - sorry!). Talk to you soon!