Sunday, October 19, 2008

It was bound to happen sometime...

Well....it was bound to happen sometime! Everyone around me, told me that it happened to them and that I should just expect it. I thought, "Not me!" I am aware of everything that goes on.

Well apparently, I am not aware of everything because Brooklyn rolled off the couch not once but TWICE in a period of 4 days.

Ugh.....I know mother of year, right here!

To my defence...the second time it happened it really wasn't MY fault. We were at my parents and Brooklyn was having a rough night sleeping. I decided to sleep on the living room couch with her. Well, she went right to sleep but I laid there listening to her breath.

Here is where it took a turn...

I order to get some sleep myself I needed to leave her on the couch and sleep on the floor next to the couch. So I quietly slipped out from underneath her and laid on the floor to sleep. Finally I could get some sleep too. Everything was great for about 2ish hours...I heard her wake up roll a little. I was able to catch her and move to where she should be.

Well, about 30 minutes later, I feel something fall on me and hear a loudish cry. I awaken from my slumber and realize that Brooklyn had rolled off the couch onto the hardwood floor. Thankfully she took her paci and threw herself on my chest and was out like a light.

Oops....I never thought that maybe I should have kept her awake after hitting her head.

Isn't Brooklyn lucky!

No comments: