Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Fun

Photobucket

Last week (I know this is late, but I have been busy) Brooklyn, some friends and I went to Rich's Farm Pumpkin Patch. They have "Kid's Day at the Farm" with lots of super cool activities for the kids.

I was really nervous about going. Not because I thought Brooklyn would be fussy but because I wasn't ready to know this wouldn't be her first time there. Shannon, Patty and I went there LAST YEAR when Brooklyn was only 4wks old.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yup...that is Brooklyn at 4wks old! Isn't she super yummy and cute! I remember strolling her around 'trying' to get her involved while she wanted to sleep. I even had to nurse her at the pumpkin patch because she was nursing around the clock back then. (Didn't miss that though, LOL)

Even though Brooklyn had a wonderful time playing and trying to walk, I had a hard time dealing with the fact that this first was long gone. I know, I know, I can hear you all saying "It's alright, she will have lots of other firsts!" I know that is true BUT it is still a bit sad to think that her number of firsts are getting smaller and smaller.

Photobucket

Anyway, on to happier things! Brooklyn had a blast! At the farm they had pigs, geese, and a little baby cow. The cow was SO cute and Brooklyn enjoyed "talking" to them. I wish that I would have gotten a video of her "talking" to the animals. To know what she was saying would be awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The farm also had a cool train that was pulled by a tractor (maybe a big lawnmower, I dont know). Each child was able to have their own car and pretend to steer themselves around the farm. I wasnt going to put Brooklyn on at first but I thought, "What the hell...If she doesn't like it I can get her off." I think in my brain I thought that she would secretly hate it and I would have to sweep into the rescue! But I didn't she loved it! I even got it on video!



After the train ride, the kids were ready to go into the kids corn maze that lead to the pumpkin picking patch. Thankfully, we didn't get lost! Shannon lead the way so we made it out pretty fast. Yeah Shannon!

Photobucket

After we made it out, Brooklyn 'picked' a pumpkin and we were off to lunch! When we got to the farm it was really chilly and we needed jackets BUT by the time that were ready to leave it was a steamy 75.....October, My butt!

Well, Brooklyn's Second trip to the pumpkin patch is complete and onto the third trip! EEK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How times flies,So cute Brooklyn
looks like you had a great time.

Love Grammy :o)

Heidi Ho said...

You girls look beautiful! Then and now!!!