Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Brooklyn & Santa - 2008

Every year, our next door neighbor (Hoppie - dont ask...) comes over dressed up as Santa for the kids. J (our nephew) and Brooklyn both met him last year. Brooklyn didn't care AT ALL but J wasn't really excited to see him.

This year I was exicted because Brooklyn would actually know what is going on. When 'Santa' rang the doorbell, I was a little nervous about what J and Brooklyn would do. Not so much fearful of the crying but I wanted to be able to get a few good pictures.

Photobucket

J went right up to Santa and was so exicted to see him. Brooklyn not so much...she really didn't dislike him but didn't really wnt him there either. As long as she was with me (or on me) she was alright.

Photobucket

'Santa' gave out gifts and asked questions to the kids. It was really cute! Toward the end of the trip Brooklyn started to warm up. 'Santa' had jingle bells that Brooklyn fell in love with. She was having a great time making 'music' and dancing around.

Right before 'Santa' left, I got brave and sat her on his lap. To my surprise, no tears. No nothing.... we even got a cute photo.

Photobucket

But don't worry it only lasted a few minutes before she realized that 'Santa' was NOT Mommy and she leaped off his lap to me. Ha hA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's one of the best things about where you guys live...next to Santa!You know, it does seem like the north pole out there when it snows sometimes...
Love,
Shannon