Thursday, December 20, 2007

Countdown to Christmas!

Well it's time of year again! Christmas time, the holiday season, the time to spend with the ones you love, time to gain an extra 10lbs because everything is so freaking yummy!

Well this year will be Brooklyn's First Christmas. Dave and I are really excited...alright maybe I am ~really~ excited and Dave is just along for the ride. We decorated our house right after Thanksgiving, our lights were put up a few weeks ago (thanks Doug!), all the shopping is complete and the presents are wrapped and under the beautifully decorated tree.

Since Dave and my familys live in different states we rotate where we go for the holidays. This year is a Beckley year. Since it is a Beckley year, my family came up last weekend. I think that they also brought the snow too! That was alright though, my mom was insisnting on making everyone call last weekend Christmas! She kept saying that she didn't want Brooklyn to know that she wouldn't be with her on Christmas.

Here is Brooklyn looking at us all wondering what are doing...
Photobucket

My Mom opening her favorite gift...A picture frame that says GRANKIDS with pics of all her grandkids!
Photobucket

Just a little reminder mom....She is only 3 months old, she doesn't wven know when it is Monday let alone knowing that it is Christmas! hehehe

Since we had Christmas with my family last weekend we will be having Christmas with Dave's family on Christmas. His grandmother on his Dad's side has a big Christmas Eve dinner/lunch. She is such a great cook....Note to self: Bring materity pants! Then on Christmas morning we will be opening gifts with Patty (Dave's mom)and having a good Christmas morning breakfast for we head back to Morgantown.

I can't wait to get back home and watch Dave and Brooklyn open there presents. Well, at least watch Brooklyn watch Dave or myself open her presents! Either way it will be a great day and holiday season! I can't wait...

Dave opening gifts.
Photobucket

Brooklyn looking at ~all~ the clothes Grammy got her. I think a total of 7 outfits!
Photobucket

My fam before the WVU basketball game..We play UMBC and won of course. The basketball team is ranked now. I think 24th! WOo Hoo!
Photobucket

Edited to add...Notice ~no~ pictures of me. When I was opening my presents guess who was holding the camera! Thanks Dave!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I didn't even know you had a blog...but I really like it! You are doing a great job as a new mommy!We'll see you guys on Sunday!
Love,
Shannon