Sunday, December 30, 2007

Small Confession

I hope that no one thinks that I am a bad mom BUT until yesterday Brooklyn's crib sheet had not been changed since she was born. I can hear all the GASPS for here! (I know Heather, you reminded me a month ago to change but I then preceded to forget)

Well anyway, Dave and I were talking about cleaning and he mentioned that we still hadn't changed the sheet so while he entertained B I got on the task of changing the sheet. Let me tell you...I am NOT changing it again! Dave can do it. I actually worked up a sweat changing it. B has a crib bumper (please don't post about how I shouldn't have one...I like it and she cant move all that well yet so lay off!) and when I put it on before she was born I tied it on and apparently tied it in double knots. The only way that it is coming off it if I cut it! (Great work Amber) Since I couldn't take it off I had to pull the mattress through the bumper. Not as easy as it sounds. Once I finally got it off...Dave comes in because he hears me grunting and making more noise than you would think a person changing a crib sheet should make. He then makes a comment that only a ~man~ would make and I go back to the task at hand. After about 15 more minutes and several busted knuckles later the crib sheet is on and the mattress is back in the crib.

Needless to say, I ~will not~ be changing her crib sheet anytime soon. So Brooklyn, I wouldn't spit up or have a massive poo in your crib or if you do PLEASE do it while I am karate so your daddy will have to clean it!

Hugs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
Don't feel alone in this...why do you think we got rid of the bumper so early!!!! We'll miss ya! Have a good new years!
Love,
Shannon