Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ugh...one step closer to a minivan!

On Friday, I was a new mommy with a cute little sportscar and on Saturday afternoon that ~all~ changed!

Dave and I have been talking about me trading in the Saab for something more 'pracitcal'. I hate that word...it makes it sound like it isn't fun or that it will be painful. Anyway I digress....

Over the past winter, I relized that if it snowed (over 3 inches) I could no longer leave my house. Having a small child and knowing that they is NO escape to Target all day is a little scary. If you are a SAHMommy you know what I mean! LOL
That coupled with the fact that Morgantown's road crews SUCK at powing the roads. In addition to wanting to leave the house in all the seasons, the Saab was just too small for more than one carseat. (NO...I am not pregnant) If Dave and I only wanted one kid we would be set but I doubt that Brooklyn will be an only child. SO...on to a more practial car!

Before I show you the ~new~ car, take a look at my old car.

2006 Saab 9-3....Loved it, miss it, remembered after we left the dealer that I don't have a picture of it. :(

This is just a picture of the car that I had...my car was blue but looked just like this.

Photobucket

Isn't it cute!

Well, I know that this rambling sounds like like I don't like my new car...but that isn't true. I LOVE it! It is so awesome and I can't wait until the next winter storm so I can take it out and not fear death. LOL

Here it is....2007 GMC Envoy

Photobucket

Photobucket

So it is not a brand new car but it is only a year old. It has only had 1 owner and is FULLY LOADED!

Here are the options:
~Leather Seats
~Dual Climate Control
~BOSE stereo
~6 disk CD Changer
~XM radio
~Onstar
~DVD player with headphones or I can pipe the sounds through the speakers
~Sunroof
~Power Front seats
~Power windows/locks
~tinted windows
~Roof rack
~Trailer hitch...I have no idea what to with that though!

I am sure that I am missing some things but Oh well! I love it.

Your Welcome Doug!

5 comments:

Doug said...

Does that "Your Welcome Doug!" mean that I can borrow it this weekend??

Amber said...

I am thinking No, but you are welcome to run along beside it if you want! LOL

young wife&mom said...

BUT IS IT "GREEN"???

Amber said...

Lorrie -

No it isn't! But it gets me where I need to go with all the stuff that I need. The 'green' vehicles are too pricey still, maybe the next car.

Len Hancock said...

Congrats on the new ride!!

FYI- you can use the trailer hitch to hold a bike rack, ski rack, holder for more cargo, etc...

http://www.draw-tite.com/

we sell all that stuff so I can get you great prices