Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Weekend in Frederick~

My mom (Grammy) has been asking when she was going to see her granddaughter again and since Dave and I were just itching to hang out with all our Frederick Friends. So, on Friday early afternoon we loaded up the Saab and headed East.

There was a snow advisory for I-68 but it said that they would only get about an inch. Well they were wrong! We got about 20 minutes into our trip and the rain turned to snow....heavy snow....and then a few white outs! Dave drove like a champ though, he kept telling me that we would be fine and not to worry. After about 40 minutes of driving through that, the snow then chaged back to rain. Ahhh...sweet relief.

Once we finally got to Frederick, we had a blast. It's February and that means kinklins! If you don't know what kinklins are they are basically fried dough covered in powdered sugar! YUM-O! My family makes them every year and we ~all~ gain about 6lbs each after eating kinklins for breakfast, lunch and dinner. LOL It was so much fun making/eating them. I don't have any pics of the making (didn't think about it until after we left) but I do have a pic of what kinklins are.

Photobucket

My whole family was there this weekend, so my mom had ALL of her grandkids in town and under one roof! She was just beside herself. She didn't even do her normal cleaning routine on Saturday...If you know my mom you know how Saturday means cleaning day!

Here are some pics of the weekend!

"The Boys" Destry and Declan - My sissters boys
Photobucket

Destry playing with Brooklyn
Photobucket

Extra pic of Brooklyn eating her first helping of cereal
Photobucket

Hugs...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooklyn

Pop Pop and Grammy enjoyed your visit over the weekend..With the boys and you we had the best time ever...It looks like your enjoying some almost solid food..Looking sweet and cute as ever..we love and God Loves you Too..

Grammy

Baby Hancock said...

She's soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I think Brooklyn's ready for Chick-fil-A! Well, maybe not...but I love the food picture! See you guys this weekend!
Love,
Shannon