Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day ~ better late then never :)

What can I say...we have.been.busy! I haven't been able to post ~but~ I have been blogging in my head and trying to figure out what I wanted to say once I finally got the time and energy.

I just put Brooklyn down, so I should have 2 hours of uninterrupted blog time. Lets see if I can get it done.

Here I go:

Mother's Day - Well, Mother's Day Weekend!

What can I say, It Rocked! Dave was great and Brooklyn wasn't fussy at all which was nice. On Friday, we were supposed to have a softball game but it was cancelled due to rain. It actually wasn't raining during the time of the softball game but rained the entire day so the canceled it. Anyway, I digress! Since we didn't play, Dave, Brooklyn and I went to Lowes to get veggies and fruit for my garden. (Remember the weird conversation) Once we got back, we just hung out. Dave and I watched a movie and Brooklyn went to bed.

On Saturday, Dave and I worked in the yard. Dave helped picking up rocks in the garden as I planted the veggies and fruit that we bought yesterday. Can I just say how much I LOVE my garden! Last year, I was only able to plant using planters. That is totally fun but I didn't feel like a real gardener. KWIM? (Know What I Mean) I can't wait for my seeds to start popping through the soil and to start eating all the yummy veggies and fruit. After we finished gardening, we got cleaned up and went to a Japanese Steak House. LOVED IT! Dave and I ate ourselves until we were completely stuffed. It.was.great!

On Sunday, Mothers Day, I was pampered all day! Dave brought Brooklyn to me and I nursed her in bed while Dave got her diaper, breakfast and clothes ready for the day. After I nursed Brooklyn, Dave took her back and I lounged in bed and watched TV. Ohhh...So great! The day pretty much continued like that, I didn't change a single diaper all day, didn't have to put Brooklyn down for naps and didn't have to make my lunch or dinner. After church, we went to Shannon and Doug's for a Mother's Day picnic with some friends. Before we went home we went to Cold Stone for some yummy ice cream!

The perfect end to a perfect day!

No comments: