Tuesday, June 24, 2008

9 Months~

yep, you heard right! Brooklyn is 9 months old! She has been in as long as she has been out. (well, to be specific she has been out longer, she was 3 weeks early.)

I can't believe it! So much has changed ~but~ so much has also stayed the same too!

Here is Brooklyn's Nine Month Update on skills/developmental milestone:

* Still nursing strong at 9 month and still sleeping through the night.

* Still taking 3 naps a day (am nap - 2.5 hours, pm nap - 1 to 2 hours and evening nap 45 min.) I would have thought that she would be down to 2 naps by now but she just won't drop the 6 pm nap. I am assuming that she will not be napping 3 times each day in college. hehehe

*Starting to crawl but is perfecting the art of army crawling. I will have to upload a vid of it...it is SO cute!

* Still not saying any words in English, but is communicating in her own 'Brooklynise'. She has started to say "ba, ba, ba" but it hasn't turned into anything as of yet.

* She is loving her play groups and has started to watch other children as the play. She thinks that they are playing with her....it is really very cute to watch.

* Cloth diapering is still going great! I have found that I LOVE prefolds and covers. They wash and wear so easily! On most days I will just have a prefold on her around the house and only put a pocket diap on if we are going to be out for a long time. We have also started to use fleece soakers and wool shorties for summer. They are super cute and are loads less hot in the warmer weather.

Photobucket

* I am still making all of Brooklyn's baby food and she is still eating everything in sight. {I weighed her on our scale a few days ago, she weighed 21 lbs.} We also have tried giving her grains again and she seems to be tolerating them well. Fingers crossed for no more bad reactions.

* She is trying to pull herself up but not doing so great. I think she is having a hard pull that large gut of hers. LOL

* Separation Anxiety has hit in full force. She wants me to hold her whenever I am around and won't even go to Dave if I am around. If she can't see me then she is fine (out of sight out of mind, I guess.) but if she can, watch out! I am guessing that this is something that we just have to deal with. Hopefully it is just a phase and she will grow out of it soon! Oh well, I am enjoying her wanting to love on me!

later bloggers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, there nothing more special then when you have your child showing love back to you.

Love much!
Mom :o)