Sunday, June 8, 2008

Couch to 5K - Run #1 & #2

Run #1 - Friday, June 6th...

Dave and I decided that we would run in the Woodlands development with Brooklyn. We picked this area because it is a beautiful development (houses range from 500K - 1 million), it is on the same street as us, and wouldn't cost a lot in gas to get there.

If you live in Morgantown you know about the hills! There are hills every where...you can't get past them unless you are REALLY looking for them. There are a few hills (I think, 2 small and 1 huge) but in the end we knew that it would make us better runners, so we pressed on.

Today the training was....60 seconds running and 90 seconds walking.

If you are a runner, I am sure that you are looking at that and laughing BUT it is a COUCH to 5K NOT a mile to 5K.

Even though Dave and I a VERY active, that 25 minute run kicked out butt. I said to Dave as we were driving back home, "I thought Zumba was bad...it is easy compared to this!"

Run #2 - Sunday June 8th

First let me say that I have NEVER exercised on vacation/holiday/birthday! I always say to Dave...."It's Labor Day...that means no exercising."

Since we were in Frederick, there were hardly any hills to worry about. We were able to run in my parents neighborhood while Brooklyn napped. Let me tell you, running with a jogging stroller in tow and running just by yourself is VERY different. Our stroller is really nice and moves great but that extra 30ish really makes for a harder run.

Today we had the same training as before...60 seconds running and 90 seconds walking

Gotta love the walking.

Our next run will be on Tuesday...stay tuned we are back at the Woodlands.

Oh yeah...if anyone would like to join us, let us know. The more the merrier!

No comments: