Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Trip

As I wrote on Friday, Dave and I were going away this weekend and leaving Brooklyn overnight for the first time. Ugh...

Overall, everything was great! Brooklyn never cried while we were leaving which I thought was just great. I didn't think that I would have been able to handle that.

Friday -

During the afternoon, Dave and I hung around my parents house. It was 99 degrees in Frederick so we weren't really trying to go any where. While Brooklyn napped, I headed out to the MOM's Organic Market. Let me tell you, Morgantown ~needs~ one of these. I loved it! They had everything that I needed/wanted/never knew that I needed. I got Brooklyn some Yobaby Organic Yogurt and a Organic Pesticide. Something has been eating my basil so I needed something that would deter them but wanted my garden to stay organic.

In the evening, I met a bunch of friends to see Sex and the City. I give it 2 stars out of 5. It was just alright, not great but alright. I actually thought that it was too long really. It could have been a whole lot shorter but they dragged it out. After the movie we went out to Friday's. Yum-o! It was so good. I wish that there was a Friday's closer. Ugh...

Saturday -

Dave and I left Brooklyn with Aunt Keena (my sister) and went to a community yard sale. I was so great! We got so much that the everything almost didn't fit in the car. LOL

Yard Sale Finds - I haven't gotta pictures yet but will get them and post later!

Toddler Pool - Pool has two separate pools, one slide and a dinosaur that sprays water all around.

Cost - $3 (talked down from $5)

Little Tikes Picnic Table

Cost - $6 (talked down from $10)

Little Tikes Push Car - The kids feet go through the car and they push it. For ages 2 and up.

Cost - $6 (talked down from $7)

Electric Chain Saw

Cost - $15 (Dave didn't try to make a deal...ugh)

After Yard Sailing, Dave and I played with Brooklyn, feed her and headed out to Gettysburg. She was smiling when we left so that made me really relaxed.

By the time that we got to out B&B The Brick House Inn it was 2pm.

Photobucket

We weren't allowed to check in until 4 so we walked around downtown Gettysburg. We went in a few shops and bought some presents.

After we checked in we laid around until dinner. In our room waiting for us were chocolate covered strawberries and a chilled bottle of wine!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ate at the Dobbin House. Let me just tell you that it rocked! The food was awesome and the atmosphere was great. After dinner, we went back to the B&B hung out in the garden, talked and took some cool pictures. Overall, very relaxing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before we went to Gettysburg, we decided that we would take a haunted walking ghost tour while there. There were about 10 different places that did them...crazy, I know! We finally decided to take a tour with Gettysburg Ghost Tours. They have been on TV and got really great reviews.

Let me tell you, It was great. Before the actual walk, I asked the ticket taker if anyone every sees anything on the tour and he immediately said YES! Apparently they often see orbs and other things that they couldn't explain. By this point, I was excited! I really wanted to see something but even more I wanted to catch something with me camera.

Well, let me say....I totally caught something in a few pictures.

In the first picture you can see "orbs" all around the area. The area shown was where many bodies were left to die after being injured.

Photobucket

In this picture you can see something (a face maybe??) in the window of the Rupp House. I have also magnified the picture to show it more clearly. What do you think that it is??????

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the really creepy tour, it was getting really late. Dave and I headed back to out B&B and went to sleep. We knew that our Three-course breakfast was being served at 8:30 and we wanted to be on time. yumo...

First course - Friendship Bread and Fruit Salad
Second course - Eggs & Sausage (They had a fancy name for the eggs but I can't remember it, sorry)
Third course - Shoefly Pie (Never had it before but was freaking good!

After breakfast, Dave and I were really missing Brooklyn so we packed up the Envoy and headed back to Frederick.

That was basically it. Good times had by all...we really recommend the Brick House Inn. I was so great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like everything went well. Good job leaving Brooklyn...I know it was hard! Glad you had fun. Talk to you later!
Love,
Shannon