Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day, No Electricity, and Run #4..But not in that order!

Let me first wish all those awesome Dad's out there a Very Happy Father's Day! I hope that you all had a great day..you all deserve it!

I think Dave had a pretty great First Father's day! At least I think that he did. I kept telling him that it was 'his day' and he should let me pamper him. He didn't want anytihng to do with that. He continued to say that he had things that he needed to get done.

What Dave wanted to do: Watch the Masters and drink beer.

What actually happened:

On a sidenote, if it were Mother's Day I wouldn't have done ANYTHING! I don't think that I should do anything (exercise, house work, etc.) on special days. Dave knows that, so he thought it was funny that I kept saying; "I wouldn't be doing that." LOL

8:30 - I woke up and Dave was already out of bed. I went back to sleep...LOL
a little after that, Dave woke me up by putting Brooklyn in bed with me.

He opened Brooklyn's card that we got him. He had already opened his big present earlier that week. We got him a MR. BEER Home Brewery Kit that he LOVED! I was a little worried that he wouldn't like but he did.

9:00 - he started doing the luadry (This is his normal Sunday routine every week.)

9:30 - We went for a run. Run #4

Since Dave and I are not runners YET, we decided to extend the 1st week routine for this next run as well. We are hopping on our next run (Tuesday barring any rain) we will move onto week 2 of the program.

I got some new running sneakers and they were AWESOME! It felt like I was running on a cloud. When we started running, I even told Dave and it was so much easier running with these sneakers. Well at least for the first 10 minutes...

We did have a little drama during this run though. You all know that we run in a neighborhood near our house. Well, in a neighborood you normally will find dogs. Most homeowners will either chain their dogs in the front yard OR keep them inside. Well as Dave and I are running past these houses, every house has at least 2 dogs that would basically chase us. Some houses would have a sign stating that they had an electric fence but others didn't. Since I had such a tramatric expereince with a dog when I was younger,(I was attacked by a dog and had to get stitches) Dave knew that this place wouldn't work.

We ended up going to the beginning of the neighborhood and running at the beginning of the neighborhood. It worked out great and since the enterance area is shaded it was a COOL run!

10:20 - 12:00 Laudry, Luadry and more Luandry

12:00 - Lunch

12:20 - 3:30 - Mow the lawn and help me weed the garden

At about 3:30 our power went out! Ugh...Dave and I laid around hopping that it would come back on. After about an hour, Dave called and they said that it wouldn't be on until after 6:30.

Since we didn't want to open the frig or freezer to make dinner, we went out for dinner. We went to Damien's and after that we stopped at Kroger to get Dave some beer. Gotta have the beer.

The power was still not on when we got back, so we went outside to play. It was starting to get warm in the house with no AC so we called the power people again. This time they told us that it should be on by 8pm.

At 7:58pm the glourious power came back on.

After the whole day of doing stuff that he didn't really want to do, Dave got to sit and watch the Masters and drink a beer.

I guess he could always try next year, right?

No comments: