Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Preious Angel is Four Months Old~

Well, it has been 4 months since Brooklyn has blessed Dave and My life. She has brought so much joy, excitement, and completeness (is that a word..) to our lives. We ~love~ her so much and can't wait to see what the next 4 months hold for us.

In honor of her, I found this poem that really embodies how I feel about her and what she has brought to my life.

Here is a picture of her...4 moonths old!





Brooklyn, I love you and I hope that you like this poem!

My Baby Girl and Me
(Author Unknown)

It's three AM, they're all asleep,
and no-one's here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby girl and me.

Her little hand is feather light
Tucked up against my chin.
I hold her tiny hand in mine,
and stroke her baby skin.

The house about us creaks and groans,
The clock hands creep around.
She snuggles closer to me still,
And makes her baby sounds.

I love these quiet hours so much,
And cherish every one.
Store memories up inside my heart
For lonely nights to come.

All too soon she'll be grown up,
Her need for mama gone.
But until then I still have time
For kisses and for song.

Time for quiet hours like this
With her cuddled in my arms,
Where I wish she'd always stay
Protected, safe and warm.

And yet I know the day will come
When her tiny little hand,
will be bigger than my own.
she'll grow to be a woman.

But until then she's mine to love
With no one here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby girl and me.

~~To all those blog reading mothers out there, give your little one an extra snuggle, an extra kiss, and remember these times for they are leaving TOO fast~~

Hugs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,Dave
hope you see this...times flies...4 months already...I love the postings and reading all the updates. Brooklyn your mommy and daddy are very proud of you...here back in Frederick Grammy is saying she loves you so much..but she gets so excited when she sees you on line...love you Brooklyn see you later. oh you too Amber LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber, Brooklyn, and Dave! Grandma and I just saw you guys!! looks like everyone is having a great time!! wont be long before Brookie!!ooops, I mean Brookyn is doing some laps!! Love you all!!