Friday, January 18, 2008

Splish, Splash Brooklyn's taking a bath!

Since Brooklyn came home from the hospital she had HATED bathtime with a passion. It took about 6 wks before she wouldn't cry the entire time. Dave and I learned tricks to get her to tolerate (not enjoy) bathtime.

1. Turn on the space heater on high 20 min before bathtime with door closed.
2. Heat water to about 100 degrees (yes, I know that is really hot but she didn't cry and it worked for her)
3. Have everything ready. Meaning towel out, water ready, soap on washcloth. Get in and get the heck out!
4. After bathtime keep heater on and dry, lotion and dress for bed in the HOT and Steamy bathroom

Those 4 tricks aided us in making sure that our daughter wasn't stinky and kept our ears from hearing her scream while wahing her.

Over the past few weeks to a month, she has started liking bathtime. Kicking and splashing like all those other children that I have always heard about. I know crazy! Then it started to take a turn, she started to outgrow her baby bathtub. She looked so uncomfortable and I started to worry that the screaming would come back. UGH!

I was reasearching what else I could get and found the EUROBATH. I ordered it and Brooklyn loves, loves, LOVES it! She was splashing, kicking, laying in the water having fun even after I washed her. It was a great bonding time and both of us had an awesome time!

Of course I have pics...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brooklyn taking a bath:


And just something else to make you laugh! Brooklyn laughing~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber, you must listen to the commercial that is playing on the video with the I love daddy shirt. It is an always pad commercial talking about periods. It is just so out of place. haha

I enjoyed looking at the blog.
Georgiana